Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day/Basement Cleanout

Ahhhh....we are done! At least, for now...thank goodness. :) This week my brother Luke came into town and helped us knock off quite a few additional projects that needed to be done before the final dumpster loading day. And on Saturday we had a few other people come over to help us and we filled up the dumpster and finally got the basement all clean and organized. Here are the final pictures (we also go the garage cleaned out and organized as well):


Early Saturday Morning -

Trash pile 1

Trash pile 2

Trash pile 3
Small trash pile 4

Overall trash in basement
Trash in garage
We had almost half the dumpster packed with stuff already from the basement by Saturday morning

Then around 9 am we had David, Ellen, Chuck, Russ, Andrew, Charlie, Debbie and Matt were also over to help us load up the rest of the crap from the above trash piles into the dumpster. Overall with all those people it only took us 45 minutes to get the work done. Amazing! Thank you so much for all who came and helped!

Here are the after pictures...from Saturday afternoon/night:

Main basement area - seating area and work out area

View of under the basement stairs - used to contain a lot of 5 gallons of food storage

Cleaned out tool area

Laundry area


Storage shelves for my stuff - where food storage used to be

Angle 1 into boy's old bedroom now (food) storage room

Angle 2 into storage room - in plastic bag is our wheat grinder

Angle 3 into storage room - rest of food storage and emergency/camping supplies

We also cleaned and organized our garage - those trash bags wouldn't fit into the dumpster so we'll get them out later this week.

Entrance into house from garage - no more metal shelves!

New garage storage area - there will be no more big pile of junk in front of my car yay!!!

Final side of the garage - that big box is full of cardboard boxes we will be recycling this week

Pic of full dumpster!



YAY!!!! We done! Party time baby!
(can you tell I'm happy?)

Here are some videos/virtual tours of our cleaned out areas so you can get the whole impression. Now I get to play catch up on my blog with other pics i've taken during this time. Sigh. :)


Basement Cleanup:




Garage Cleanup

5 comments:

Audra said...

I love the pics. I can't get the videos to work, but normally I love your virtual tours! They really help me get a "I;ve been there" experience. Thanks for doing this for mom. You guys ROCK!

Audra said...

Love the videos too! Great job. Can't believe the boys room. WOW! LOTS OF WORK!

Audra said...

I needed a before of the garage - it looks the same to me. I can't remember it being that bad.

da mmm said...

It looks and feels so clean. I love it and appreciate everything everyone did to make it happen.

Audra said...

It still looks amazing. Great job everyone.