Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Morning

Ughh. So, I almost got side hit this morning while driving to work.

I was driving on Clayton Road and was even with an SUV in the left lane...car in front of her turned on their left turn signal...no turn lane...and hit their brakes slowly...she quickly started to merge around the car right into me. she never even looked over to see if there was a car in the other lane...which there was...ME!

Slammed on my brakes and layed on my horn....I still don't know how she didn't hit me. But because of my honk the car in front of her slammed on their brakes as well... and somehow we all came to a stop with her front end angled into my lane and seriously like an inch from mine rest of her car about half was into my lane and I was practically pinned in the lane.

The car in front of her finally moved and she merged back into her lane, and I started to drive on. She then layed on the horn at the other car when they finally turned (at least I think she was honking at the other car...if she was honking at me she TOTALLY doesn't know how to drive!).

She then tried to pace me but when I kept looking at her with the evil eye she let off her gas and slowed down a lot. ughh. The force of braking so hard threw my purse down on the floor and smashed the doughnuts I had brought for breakfast. :)

I seriously still not know how she didn't hit me...I was totally bracing for impact...I had merged over to the right shoulder when I saw her start to merge into my lane, but couldn't go far as there's a high curb there and there's no bike lane or anything.

I hope she at least now looks before she changes lanes...even if she thinks she's on top of knowing who's around her...cause she obviously didn't see me.

What a way to start out a Monday huh? :) Hope your week has a better start!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Geez, stupid drivers. Glad you're okay! I'm sure you were blessed. I'm glad the only casualties were the doughnuts. :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sounds like a close call. Glad to hear you ended up safe, though.

-Crystal Hunter

Katie Lady said...

Two words for you: Clayton Road...I dont' know what it is about Clayton drivers?

Audra said...

I wouldn't want to be that lady. You give really mean look when you get cut off or in this case almost HIT! Crazy lady.

Chrissy - you are a MEAN driver when someone pisses you off. EVERYONE WATCH OUT! Don't get on Chrissy's bad side of the road. ;P