Friday, August 14, 2009

Thanks!

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. The decision has been made...contrary to my comments/limitations. :) hehe. (you'll see)


So, do you want to know the final decision?

Wait for it....

Wait for it....





We are going on a CRUISE!!!! To the BAHAMAS!!!!!

We'll be going on January but I booked the actual cruise this week. Now we just have to worry about passports and deciding which shore excursions we want to do. :)

Here's a map of where we'll be 'cruisin' to:



For the shore excursions I'm definately wanting to go snorkeling, and I'm also leaning toward swimming with the dolphins. :) Tons of other stuff to do. Need to decide quickly though so we can make sure to get it booked. Oh, this is so fun!

I'm slightly bummed that we won't actually be doing it 'around' our birthdays, but who cares! Now thing is...I've never been on a boat like that...so I'm just really hoping I don't get seasick. I've never even been queasy on a boat, but cruises are...different I'm told. :) But getting sun in January just sounds so fun....I'm not really worried about any negatives. hehe.

YAY!!! I finally get to leave the country for the first time in my life! I so excited! I think the Bahamas is a good place to go for the first time you leave the country.

So now I wonder...have any of you been to the Bahamas? If so, what would you recommend as a must do?

Thanks tons!

Sorry it's been awhile for a post...busy life. I'll post more later to catch up. :)

4 comments:

Paige said...

How exciting!! That will be so fun--especially in January. I went to the Bahamas on the Disney Cruise. It is gorgeous there. Besides the excursions you choose, make sure you get around to all the little shops. As far as sea sickness, I really didn't get it. I felt a little woosy here and there. They have bracelets you can buy that are supposed to help with that.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Katie Lady said...

Oh..my...Gawsh!!! You're going to have soo much fun!! Eric & I went to the Carribean...If they have it available..I'm sure they will. Go 4-wheeling and Zip-lining...it was such a blast. I'm so jealous!!

Audra said...

Ya, all your friends say - WOW! That is so exciting! Secretly they are thinking - I wish I were you and I wish you had invited ME!

Thanks for thinking of the rest of us. You know, you aren't the only one who hasn't been out of the country. I AM SO JEALOUS!

(It is o.k. people. I am her sister.)

Petie said...

You've been out of the country. You went on a cruise on your 10th wedding anniversary to Mexico I thought...or somewhere of the like. :)

I know, but I really rarely travel places like this...I have to share. hehe. And hey, anyone who wants to come...let me know and I'll tell you what cruise we booked and all are welcome to join. ;)