Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Updates...

So tonight my brother Matt came over again to help us on those big projects...that Mom and I can't complete on our own...or don't want to...and really don't want to pay anyone to do it for us. The main project tonight was replacing my yellow toilet. Yes...I had a yellow toilet. :)

The home was built in 1980...and mine was the special bathroom. Yellow tub, yellow tub tiles, yellow toilet, yellow marble like counter. It was always...bright in there. So when I got home from college Mom agreed to let me decorate the bathroom. So I painted the walls a "Robin's Egg" blue...to complement the yellow and hopefully tone it down a bit and has some silver and white accents. I totally think it works better...than the white walls that were there.

So on the general list of things broken around the house that I would like to eventually get fixed up...I added on my yellow toilet as the base had a couple of cracks in it that I thought would...spread...eventually. Mom liked that idea so much...she apparently moved it near the top of her list. So off we go!

Here's a general picture from the doorway to show the yellowness of the bathroom:



Goodbye Yellow Toilet...how I will miss you (maybe)!


So here's a video...so you can view the whole...yellowness that is my bathroom:




Here's Matt....enjoying the work. Where's the toilet?
(it's in trash bags in the hallway)



Hello White Toilet!


The Queen on her new throne...as Mom and Matt said:


Okay, toilet seat is definately higher...Mom was worried if I'd be able to touch the floor or not...I can...pay no attention to the pointed toes. :)

So that was the main project of the night...and it works...so far that we've tested it. I personally haven't 'tested' it out yet...but I'm sure it will be fine...if not...I could always blame Matt. :P

But hopefully now my nephew...not naming which one...won't be scared to go to the pee in my bathroom now as the toilet no longer looks like someone all ready went in there. (Seriously...that was a fear of my nephew and to this day...he still won't go in it. So Hilarious!)

3 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

That is really funny about your nephew. Congrats on the new john!

da mmm said...

I never thought the counter was yellow. I'll have to look more closely.
Looks nice. Sounds different. We bought a flush tower type per Matt's suggestion.
Thanks to Matt and all his hard work and to Debbie for arranging time for him to come over.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.