Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Decade of Birthdays!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

18th Birthday - it was my senior year of high school. So that morning I went to early morning seminary where there were doughnuts and cake. It was also Dustin Shipps birthday so we had a double party. I then went to school where my friends had gotten me some balloons for me to carry around all day. :) After school I then went home and had dinner with my mom...most likely out at Outback. We then came home and I blew out the candles on my itty bitty round cake that mom and I each ate one piece of...then threw away a week later as we didn't eat anymore.


19th Birthday - I was in Rexburg, Idaho...Freshman year of college. The Saturday night before hand (my birthday was on a Thursday) my roomies threw me a surprise birthday party where friends had gathered. But on my birthday I went to classes as usual, then came home and a box had arrived from my mother with my gifts and treats inside. She had sent me a pair of frog pajamas...and some other stuff I can't remember. All my roomies made me dinner and we had another cake. My mom called to wish me a happy day and I cried a little as this was my first birthday not getting to spend time with her.


20th Birthday - I was again in Rexburg, Idaho, onto my Sophomore year of college. Since my birthday was on a Saturday my mom called around 6am to wish me Happy Birthday and to get me to open the box she sent my a few days beforehand while she was on the phone. There were a couple of movies, another thing of pajamas and some candy if I remember correctly. Anyways, afterwards I crawled back in bed...to be woken up an hour later with pancakes and orange juice in bed...my roomie Paige said everyone deserved breakfast in bed. Then I did a little bit of homework and started to get ready for the dance. My roomies had set me up on a blind date with I think Mandie's friend Chris to go to homecoming that was that night. We went with another couple...I think one of my roomies but can't remember who for sure. Anyways...we headed to Idaho Falls for dinner at Outback then onto the dance. It was fun...but Chris really didn't talk much...no matter how hard I tried to drag an answer out of him. Overall...a fun birthday. (I had been told a few days earlier that my roomies had set my up on a blind date...so I'd be prepared to go to the dance. There's pics of my reaction...it was late at night...and I was definitely surprised. )


21st Birthday - First year in Logan, Utah...Junior year of college. My birthday was on a Sunday...so the Saturday night before hand I went out to dinner with my roomies and went to a movie. Also that day I went to my Aunt Elese's house where she gave me a frog fleece blanket she had made me and I got another frog gift from my Aunt Delene who was there that day. On my birthday I got to sleep in, then went to church and we had an apartment dinner with some cake afterwards. Mom had sent be a bouquet of flowers and a package as well.

22nd Birthday - Umm...Senior year of college in Logan, Utah...on a Monday. I went to classes as usual, but as the day progressed I had tons of random people...some I recognized and some I didn't wishing me Happy Birthday as I was walking through campus. I had quite a few classes and didn't get to go home until around 4 p.m. that day. As I take the bus home and start to walk in my apartment building I see a sign on the door, "Do You know Who's Birthday it is today?" Then at the bottom staircase railing, "Have you guessed yet?", on up the staircase and on the wall before the last staircase up, "Getting Warmer!" then outside my door a sign that said, "Yup! It's Chrissy's Birthday!" next to it was a little flier...with my picture on it stating for anyone to wish me happy birthday if they saw me. Apparently...my room roomie...who I had just met about a month before had raided my pictures and found one of me and passed around fliers...put on every door in my complex and some around campus! I walk in and no one was home but there was decorations all around. My mom had sent me another bouquet of flowers that were in the middle of the table...and I had another package with gifts from her. We then had a roommate dinner at Chili's and hung out for the rest of the night. The Saturday beforehand my other friends in the complex had thrown me a surprise joint party with Shannon Folkerson as her b-day was a few days before mine. We had gifts and cake as well. I was at my friend Liz's place and they had to call and get her to bring me over...she had no idea.


23rd Birthday - I was home in St Louis. I went to work that day, we had a small party and I got some cheesecake and a free lunch at Chase Mexican Restaurant. I went home and went out to dinner with my mom, Matt, Debbie and the kids. My had gotten me another bouquet of flower....new tradition.


24th Birthday - Okay, my birthday was on a Thursday. So I went to work that day, had a party here at work with cake to enjoy and a free lunch. I then went home and had dinner with my mom and had a relaxing evening. That Friday afterwards I took a half day and drove over to Kansas City, KS to visit my dad, step-mom and Aunt Nancee. We went to dinner on Saturday and my brother Luke came and we just had a little party.


25th Birthday - Worked, of course. Right after work I had a chiropractor appointment as my back was giving me weird pains. Went out to dinner at Outback with mom and Matt and Debbie and the kids. We then headed back to our house and opened presents. My had gotten me 25 frog things to commemorate this special birthday! Then after my brother's family left I went and met up with Dominique and we headed out to a movie...which closed out my fun birthday!


26th Birthday - I took off work for a few days right before my birthday that was on a Saturday. My sister Audra had flown into town. Mom, Audra and I drove down to Springfield, MO to hit the outlet malls in Branson. We took a detour on the way back to St Louis the Friday before and hit the Precious Moments Chapel which was way cool. On my birthday day we all went to the temple early in the morning (had to be there @ 7:15) and I got my endowments out. Now all my church dates (birth, baptism, confirmation, endowment) all showed my birthday date. Yes...I planned it this way...at least the endowments. :) We then went shoe shopping and out to lunch. Mom then took Audra to the airport to fly home and I went out to dinner and a movie with Dominique.


27th Birthday - On a Sunday. I got to sleep in a bit...woke up with flowers and a card on the table for me from mom. I went to church and had a meeting afterwards. Ellen had made me some chocolate chip cookies for my birthday...and the meeting. My friend Kristin had decorated my car earlier in church. When I went out it was covered in streamers, balloons, paper hearts, and signs. One on the windshield said "Happy Birthday" and the one on the trunk said, "Honk! It's my birthday!" I tried to drive home with some of it on. I had to take off the balloons and hearts. The windshield sign slowly came off on the drive home. Luckily my sun roof was open and I caught it before it could blow away. :) That night mom made me dinner and we relaxed watching some TV. Later on we had cookie cake and presents. Overall though...I technically celebrated this birthday for 3 weeks. As different people wanted to celebrate individually with me...so I got a lot of free meals and free movies. :)


28th Birthday - So far it has all ready been a blast. I wake up and first thing mom says is "Happy Birthday!" Last night at FHE I got a surprise B-day cake with candles and everyone there sang to me. When I head out of the garage...I see a sign at the end of the driveway. Kristin had struck again...with Shane Petes help! It said "Good Morning Sunshine" backwords...so you could read it in a rear view mirror. It was tied between the two trees at the end of our driveway. As I go to take it down...so I don't hurt it when I drive out I see little paper plate art with a frog, a wall of flowers and bunnies (side joke I can explain later if you want), a target with a happy birthday arrow and such. And I just got a call from my mom that there were also some signs on the garage door as well that I missed. Sadly...I didn't think to take pictures before...so I kinda plan to recreate it when I get home and take some pictures you can enjoy later. I also had an e-card from Audra that was funny.


So now I'm avoiding work by typing this. :) hehe. Well, I hope you enjoyed my past decade of birthdays! That took awhile to remember all that. :)



I hope you all enjoy this day...even if it's not YOUR birthday!

4 comments:

da mmm said...

Hope you have a great birthday. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hope it's your best birthday yet Petie!!! - Love Eddie... :P

Hokie said...

Hey, we have something in common, I also have a birth date, baptism date, confirmation date and endowment date on my birthday. Only one left to go ;)

Happy Birthday

Chantalita said...

Sounds like you have had some incredibly creative people in your life. I LOVE the flier one that your roommate did. Points for your mom's tradition. She sounds like a real sweetie. And points for Shane and Kristin. So cute.