Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Celebrations Start!

So overall in my mind I believe RHM's birthday starts off the fun fall schedule in my life. :) His b-day in August, the Labor day, Matt's b-day in September, mine in October which is always a blast, Teresa's b-day, then Halloween, onto BeCas b-day, Krissy's b-day, Renae's b-day, D's b-day, Thanksgiving, Grandma's b-day, Christel's b-day, Ellen's b-day, Travis's b-day, Christmas, New Years, Mom's b-day, Liz's b-day, Princess b-day, Deb b-day, Luke b-day, JoNh b-day, Valentine's day, Miss A b-day, Sweetie's b-day, Nikki-cola's b-day, Sam's b-day, St Patrick's day, then a short break till April and more birthday's and holidays come up. Just so all feel included then comes Easter, Jane's b-day, Dad's b-day, Robyn's b-day, Memorial day, Oldest b-day, Ardua's b-day, 4th of July. really only down time i have is between 4th of July and RHM's birthday, and beginning part of May. :) Busy times.

So, since my birthday is past...Thanks all!...it is on to celebrate BeCas b-day. So last weekend I took her to a Rock Band Live concert. It was awesome! We saw the following bands (sorry some are blurry...pics taken with my cell phone):

The Cab


Plain White T's



Dashboard Confessionals


Panic at the Disco (BeCa's FAVORITE band - she wanted to be closer to the band for this one so we had moved up in the crowd and she was only 3 people away from the blockade up to the stage.)




So, the most expensive tickets were less than $50 so I figured I'd get us the really good seats. (My friend D came along as she likes these bands as well as me so it was all fun. Also BeCa loves to hang out with "the older girls"/my friends...she feels grown up. ) Only problem that annoyed me was there was no posting online showing the seating arrangement at the Scott Trade Center, so I really had no idea where we were sitting. As we walked into the stadium I quickly found out...we were in the Mosh Pit!!!


Luckily...People didn't really mosh...worst it got was some jumping up and down. Some tried the pushing mosh pit tactics but security was great and quickly got in and everyone stopped. But I warned BeCa in the beginning...it can get a bit dangerous (D and I have seen people trampled really easily in mosh pits before)...and if she felt pulling on her she had better come cause it for sure would be me geting her out of harms way. I'm not a fan of rambunctus mosh pits myself...no way am I leaving a 13 year old to find out the hard way. No siree! Now there were still sitting seats on the circle around us where more people were. At least the mosh pit area wasn't totally full. :)

As it was the mosh pit wasn't bad at all. Only negative things were we stood for 3 1/2 hours in a pretty tight crowd, so all of our feet and legs hurt and felt a bit like mush and we couldn't hear or talk too well the next day...we were right under speakers. :) It was still a blast...and per Matt, BeCa has worn the Plain White T's jacket I got her everyday since. :)
So overall birthday celebrations have gone pretty well so far. Onto more celebration times!

1 comment:

da mmm said...

What a nice birthday present.