Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend

So, on Saturday I got to sleep in...YAY!!! Then did a bit of cleaning waiting for it to be time for my hair appointment! I love to get my hair colored! One of the few things I can drastically or subtely change and it's really not that huge a deal...unlike cutting off all your hair continually which is what i used to do. It was a bit dangerous for my mom to give me hair cutting scissors when I headed off to college. I'd get bored and go cut my hair. :)

Anyways...so here is what my hair was before:

Don't know if you can tell...but my darker brown roots were growing out and I couldn't take it anymore.

So here is my after picture:
I got cinnamon red and brown highlights/lowlights....I wanted to tone down the blonde so much...it is fall and all. :) Here's a close up shot of the different colors:


I then hung out with Dominique for the night. Sunday came and I went to church early for a Missionary Board meeting and had to stay after for choir. I came home, made some Salmon and potatoe pearls for lunch/dinner for mom and myself. Took a short break, then headed out to my brother's house.

My sister-in-law's grandma passed away late last week so she left Sunday to drive out for the funeral. Matt is staying home to watch the kids....they don't really have the days free to pull the kids out of school. But, Matt had to work the late shift at work last night so I went over to babysit and spend the night. So...we had an hour and a half till bed time after dinner and BeCa wanted to do DDR (dance dance revolution).

She said she wanted to play with someone who would actually challenge her. So we started it up. Now BeCa is 13, almost 14, so she's a bundle of energy. JoNh is 7, takes Karate, but doesn't quite have the hand/feet coordination to really master this game. And SmThA is 3 and wanting to do what her older siblings do...even if she really can't.

So BeCa and I did one round just us...then JoNh and SmThA wanted their turns...which had me sitting behind their matts and hitting the right buttons when they got lost...which usually happened after the first step. JoNh didn't really realize I was helping him, and SmThA kept telling me not to help her and tried to keep my hands up in the air so she would know I wasn't helping. I still snuck in anyways.

Long story short...it's finally bed time...I'm all sweaty and hurting a bit...rolled my ankle a couple of rounds ago and was trying to sit out and let the kids enjoy it. Secretly enjoying telling them, "It's time for bed!"

I now at work. Boo. Can I go back to playing DDR? Never mind...ankle still stiff a little.

Time for another fun day!

2 comments:

da mmm said...

Sounds like fun and that you got the kids tired so they would go to sleep when you put them to bed.
Is your ankle swollen?

Petie said...

Not swollen...just stiff and won't fully rotate yet without a pinch in the nerves.