Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Season

So...life has been pretty busy lately...which is why so few blogs. My bad.

Everyday I have a list of things that I have to do in my head...and I don't really ever fully finish off those lists...so they continue on till the next day, then the day after that...until they get done.

Since I'm heading out of town for Christmas...tons to do and too little time to do it in. What in the past I have had 3-4 weeks at least to get done...I really have a week and a half to two weeks tops. Oh busy times.


So in order to compensate for that...this last Monday I took a "sick" day and finished off all my Christmas shopping...or so I thought.



I was all prepared...had made lists and double and triple checked everything to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. Well...more stuff popped up. I've then been out shopping a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Then last night I was trying to pile things all together and was talking with my sister and thought of a couple of other things I'd like to get before I leave town.


Shoot me now.

In between all this shopping I've had other things to do, favors for people, visits to people, cleaning and searching within my home. Mom and I have tried to keep up with things, but just getting ready to leave has left our house in a bit of a mess. I think next week I'm going to be packing, doing laundry, and cleaning the house crammed into as much time as I possibly can. I will so be ready for that vaca! :)


Oh Santa...I know how you feel. :P


Now this weekend will also be full of stuff to do...mostly holiday parties to attend and people to say goodbye to...or just pass on their presents. :) Usually I try to deliver gifts as close to Christmas day...if not ON Christmas day as I can. Weird habit of mine I started and like...don't know why. :)

Okay, here's my fun schedule:


Friday night I have the Branch Christmas party. White elephant gifts and request to wear an ugly sweater for the Ugliest Sweater Contest. I can do the gift thing...can't really stand to wear 'ugly' things...so I don't think i'll be doing the sweater. I'm a party pooper that way...too bad. :)


Saturday morning I'll be going to a movie with D and hanging out to also exchange our gifts with each other. We didn't really want to wait for after I'm back. Then that night I'm helping out with Mom's ward Christmas party...so that'll take up a part of my night.


Sunday I've got church and VTing to do. oh man. Have those gifts ready all ready though. :)

So...written down that doesn't sound too busy, but I'll not be home too much...which really makes it feel like a busy weekend.


Well, I hope you all are getting ready for the holidays...and not totally procrastinating. And if you are procrastinating...man I wish I could be you. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

An Ugly Sweater Contest? How cool is that! Be brave--wear the sweater!

Audra said...

Loved the smashed Santa.

My list grows everyday. I think that is why I love this season, b/c I am thinking of others and not of myself.

da mmm said...

It was a busy time. Glad the New Year is here.