Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weekend

Road Trip! So Friday morning we left from Phoenix and drove up to Malad, Idaho. Hit a bit of snow on the way, but not so bad of a trip.

Either Northern Arizona or Southern Utah.

Arimo, Idaho mountains.

Mom and me in front of our motel in Malad. It was snowing out, Mom crazy to not have a coat on. :)

Here are the kids that came playing in the parking lot snow. This was the first chance we really let them 'play' in the snow. All the trip long they kept asking if they could get out and play. But us being the 'oagers' that we are we wouldn't let them play in the snow as we were trying to make it to Malad in time.

Audra, Luke, Mom, Matt and me at the restaurant behind our motel at breakfast on Saturday morning. This was more our 'hanging' out time as a family. We haven't had all us four kids together since my college graduation back in 2003.

After breakfast we headed off to Arimo for the funeral. Cried of course. I'm happy Grandma's at peace, but it's always hard for me to say goodbye. Here's a couple of picks from the grave site.


Afterwards there was the luncheon at the church building where all the family was there. Each of the siblings families took group shots. Our family pretty much were the last ones to leave, and the main ones to stay and help clean up.

Top row: Luke, Leslie, Debbie, Matt, Travis
Middle row: RHM, me, Mom, Audra
Front: Oldest and Princess

Pretty much after that all the family dispersed. The boys and their spouses drove on back to Missouri together and the rest of us headed back to Arizona. Took a little detour off at my cousin's house which he's building himself in Arkansas, Idaho. It's a great looking house and I'm totally amazed...but those roads to get there were crazy and I wouldn't really want to drive them on a regular basis. :)

Here's some pics from inside the car on the way back on Sunday:


Travis not wanting a full on frontal shot. :)


Audra whipping her head around as I had bad trigger finger timing. :)

Mom, not really wanting me to take her pic either.

Oldest and Princess listening to the movie on the portable DVD player.


RHM pouting...he was poking Princess and just told to stop.

Me, figured I had better be captioned as well. :)

So, that was my fun first vacation weekend. I'll update you more later. Hope you all are looking forward to the holidays and have a fun time!

2 comments:

Snow Whiteley said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope you have a very merry Christmas.

da mmm said...

Good shots. I want copies of some of the pictures please.