Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Trip Beginning...

So, we flew down to Phoenix on last Thursday morning...flight arrived an hour late due to 150 mph head winds. Oh, my bum hurt after those 4 hours in a plane I wasn't preped for. :) We then headed back to Audra's house, picked up Sweetie and headed home. Audra put Sweetie down for her nap and her and I headed off to the public library to get some books on CD for the road trip up to ID the next day.


Here's me outside the library...on this trip I always have to be prepared and have my camera at the ready. Audra is a bit of a picture fiend. :)

Anyways, we then headed back and waited for the rest of the kids to get home from school. That night they had a school music production they had to preform in...otherwise they would have had to write a report over the holiday break. No one wants to do reports, so we got ready to go.
Mom, me, Oldest and Princess waiting to head out to the program.

My old roomie Liz then came over so we could hang out. She is very kind and agreed to go to the kids concert with me as Princess at least really wanted me to go.

Here's a pic of Liz doing Sweetie's hair as she'd just pulled it out. :)

Here's Liz, me and mom waiting for the production to start. :)

This is a video of one of the songs Oldest's grade sang. He's in the middle in the green shirt...this is the end of the song, but was pretty cool so I thought I'd share.



Both Oldest and Princess did great! Liz and I then snuck out and headed to Oregano's for dinner...cool Italian place...pretty good pizza. :) Liz was saying it wasn't the best she's had there, but I still liked it. We even ate outside...yeah that's Arizona for you...but there were heaters above each of the tables for us to sit at. We exchanged gifts then headed back to Audra's to talk for a bit before Liz left and headed home.

I had to go to bed at a reasonable time...we were leaving for Idaho the next morning at 6:30 a.m. All ready tired thinking of it. :)

So, that was the first day of my Christmas trip. Stay tuned for future installations. :)

2 comments:

Audra said...

I am not a picture fiend. I just like to capture the moments. Aren't you glad I did? That picture of you in front of the library is great!

da mmm said...

Loved the pictures too.