Monday, December 15, 2008

Grandma Christensen


My Grandma Christensen passed away this Sunday morning. As my mom says, "I am so happy for her." Grandma passed away in her sleep, and there was no dragged out sickness or pain for her. She got to live to the ripe age of 96.



I love my Grandma and will miss her dearly. Going to visit her while traveling through the area with friends, staying over to spend time with her for family reunions. Watching her tend her garden and hang the wash out to dry. Sitting on her front porch shelling peas from her garden with my siblings coming and going, talking about our lives and the weird weather. :) Sitting at her kitchen table and watching her cook, wondering how in the world she could find anything.

Now she gets to be with Grandpa...and their bodies won't be a hinderance any longer.




Here's a pic of one of the last times I got to see Grandma at a family reunion in 2004. (Thanks Audra for letting me steal the pics you posted, didn't plan to copy cat...just didn't want to search for pics when yours were so handy.)



So my vacation this season has taken a bit of a turn. Mom and I were going to drive up from Audra's house to go and visit Grandma after Christmas...you know, before she passed away...she was getting slower as time went on. Guess our timing didn't quite make it. Now we will be driving up from Audra's to go to the funeral in Idaho this weekend. I'll still get to see her...just one last time. Love you Grandma!

2 comments:

Chantalita said...

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. My condolences.

MAK said...

I'v said many times I'm not afraid of death but I'm am afraid of diying. 96 years is a long time. Your comeing to Idaho? We would love to see you if you come our way!