Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Animal Kingdom

So on Saturday we hit the final main park in Disney World - the Animal Kingdom! Here are a few pics from our day:








So through our day we did:



Expedition Everest ride - pretty awesome...saw a yetti. :)



It's Tough to Be A Bug show - animated 3-D show - pretty awesome



Went to Camp Minnie and Mickey



Saw the Festival of the Lion King - really cool show




Meet Mickey - for the third time



We then took the Wildlife Express Train up to Rafiki's Habitat Habitat



Saw the Conservation Station and Affection Section. Pocohantas, Rafiki and Jimmeny Cricket were there. Petted some lambs - not as soft as I thought they'd be.



Took the train back to Tusker House Restaurant for lunch - yummy. There was even a deal with lunch where we could get preferred seating for the Finding Nemo Show.



We then slowly walked to Dinoland and rode the TriceraTop Spin. We were going to go on Dino ride but the wait was too long.



After that we went and saw the Finding Nemo show which was awesome. Interesting how they pulled it off. :P



We then hit some souviner shops on the way out of the park. That park closes early in the day...which we planned on as we were leaving early the next morning to drive home.



But we stopped off at Downtown Disney and went to Giradelli's Soda Fountain and I got a Coke Float...was pretty good. :P



We walked around a bit then headed on back to get to packing and to hopefully get to bed early. Christel and Ellen went swimming one more time...I'd gone the night before and was too exhausted to change....and wanted to get my pics downloaded and stuff packed mostly.



After the swim Ellen came back and her and I headed to Downtown Disney to make one more souviner stop. :P We addicted. We then got back, I packed and headed to bed later than hoped.



Sunday we left at 5 a.m. and drove home. Christel was sick, Ellen couldn't drive, and I was so tired I didn't know if I could drive but I did all the in-between driving...about 10 hours out of the 14 hours or so. We actually made it home early so I got to talk to Mom and unpack mostly. Then went to bed...and headed to work the next day.



I'm still exhausted. :) So that was pretty much our trip to Florida! Hope you enjoyed the trip!

No comments: