Monday, June 29, 2009

Vinylmation

Okay, one more Florida Trip thought....I swear. :)

Disney now has these souvenirs out called Vinylmation. You can buy created sets...or blank ones to create your own. (There are also two sizes, 3 inches and 9 inches. I'm a fan more of the 3 inch ones.)

But pretty much...they are blank "Mickey's". The blank ones you buy are painted white all over. You then paint whatever you want to on the Mickey. But I like the sets, as I'm no artist. Twelve "Mickey's" per set...with one of the twelve unknown and called the 'Chaser'. Tons of sets...here's a link so you can check them out yourself: http://www.vinylmation.net/

Now the really fun part of these is you have to buy the box. Within the box is a sealed foil like bag which contains the "Mickey". So when you buy...you have no idea which of the set you just purchased. And you can't open it...they won't let you really...till you purchase it. Ellen and I quickly became addicted. I seemed to have knack for buying doubles of one's I all ready had. So after awhile I assigned Ellen to be my picker...as she had WAY better luck than I did. In the end I had 9 out of the 12 and I stopped when I finally got the Panda. :) That one I really wanted...within my top 3.

Unfortunately, I didn't unpack them from the bag first thing...was waiting till I had some time. So that next trash day....Mom thought it was more of my 'trip trash' and they accidentally got thrown away. Just tells me I need to keep my room a little bit 'cleaner' than I do. :)
Although I just kept missing them. So I found online where I could buy a whole tray of them. A tray was how they were displayed to sell in the stores. I wanted them...and if I was really going to go through the work of getting them all back....might as well buy the whole set. If I got a tray...I'd be guaranteed the whole set no matter what...and an extra 11 out of 12 of another set. (Each tray has 2 complete sets including only one 'Chaser'.) I broke down and bought it. hehe.


Here's a Tray:

Here is the pic of all the 12 Mickeys in the set:

I was so excited when they arrived. The next day I finally decided how I wanted to open them all...all at once. :)
Here's how the boxed displays look in the stores:

Here's all 24! I got 3 Monkey's all together. :)

Here is the complete set that I will be keeping, in order as shown on the box:

The complete set is as follows from L-R: Penny Machine, Panda, Mike Mouse (Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc.), Little Green Men (little aliens from Toy Story), Aquaramouse (It's a fish bowl), Poncho (has a Mickey drawn on the bum), Toonhole (slimed on the back of his head, yeah I have no idea but he's cute anyways), Festival of the Lion King, The Little Mermaid (Flounder on front, Ariel on back), Snow White's Adventure (has the dwarfs and Snow White on it), Monkey (he's holding a banana with his tail), Pongo (Dalmation from 101 Dalmations) as the Chaser.

I gave a few away to friends...I helped Ellen finish off her complete set...and the rest I hope to sell on Ebay. :) Seriously check out the site...you may become addicted as well!

No comments: