Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

Okay, so I'm a bit slow on posting new items on my blog...but my DSL is down at home. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :)




But I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year!


So, I've seen a few other blogs where they post what was going on throughout the past year, with pics to help. And I do really like the idea, but as I'd have to bring my laptop to work in order to hook up with an internet connection that wouldn't take forever to post something like that...it may be postponed.

I also have tons more pics from my recent vacation I'd like to share...internet connection problem rears it's head again. :) I'll get to it. I think.

But in the mean time I think I'll review over resolutions.

I never have been a huge one for setting resolutions, or sticking to them like most of the population of this world. And I even have a friend who decided to set resolutions this year of things she will NOT do this year...like she will not walk through sewer water. :) Interesting perspective I thought. So I'm going to try and be realistic when thinking about new year resolutions.

Now in 2008 I kept blogging that I'd finish that cross stitch I was working on for the past 6 years or so. Well...I was having too much fun with the kids over the break that I didn't do much....so it's not done yet. But one of my 2009 resolutions is to finally complete it...then get it framed. I should hopefully be able to complete that resolution. :)

Secondly I'm going to have to resolve to either find a better paying job, get more money out of my current one, or find a second job. Cause I'm not trying to be materialistic, but I need more cash in flow somehow...as many of my clients say, "Everything is rising in price except what you get paid". I'm still working on getting rid of my personal financial obligations...and I'd like to help out with stuff around the house a bit more so I'm not 'sponging' off my mom.

Of course there are the usual thoughts of resolutions like...I'd like to lose weight, I'd like to be more active, I'd like to date a little bit more. But those I kind of always have in the back of my mind and either I just procrastinate them, do them sporatically, or just stop trying to make the effort. Yes, that is my lazy side rearing it's ugly head. I think I'll stick to the top two above and see how I do. Those other small ones will still always be in the back of my mind...haunting me.

But I'll try to work at being more pro-active. We'll see how this year goes.

2 comments:

MAK said...

I know some people who spong off there parents but they don't even have a clue thats what it is and they complain about haveing to clean and things like that. So if you aweare of it and try to chip in where you can then your doing good in my book!

da mmm said...

Keep on thinking positive thoughts.