Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Whether you voted Obama or not, today is Inauguration Day 2009. Times are changing and so is the president.

There are just so many sides to this day: happiness, antipathy, resentment, indifference, racial reasons, political party reasons, etc.

I know this will get some strong opinions but I still think I’d like to share my view:

Obama is now the President of the United States. We all voted and this was the decision. Please just accept that this has happened and move on with your life. We will all see how he does in the future when his actions and decisions finally have an impact on our lives.

And please stop bashing Bush. We all voted on him as well and he has served his two terms to the fullest of his ability. Everyone makes mistakes, even the President of the United States. Getting anything to work/pass in government that will make EVERYONE happy is a disillusionment that we all need to realize cannot happen. A President has so much to deal with that none of us can truly understand or appreciate. But each and everyone has and will do what they believe will be for the greater good for this country.

We pride ourselves on living in the United States and our freedoms and rights in this democracy. Why are we being so judgmental on those in the past and on those who will be the future? Can't we all just get along? :)

4 comments:

MAK said...

I'd be lieing if I said I'm not at all woried about the feuter but the points you make are true and what I have been thinking. It's a job I wouldn't want so the least we could do is show some respect for the people who are and have dune it!

Paige said...

Great post. It's true, it's now the time to come together regardless of our viewpoints and respect the one we voted for. I think everyone, despite what they believe hopes to see change and improvement.

da mmm said...

Correct.

Crystal and Billy said...

Amen!