Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I know I'm Weird

All of this started with FHE last night. The first part of the activity was get a partner and then we would draw each others profile...with our foot. :)


Now mine actually didn't come out too bad...I actually got quite a few compliments on it...but I've had practice.

Now onto the story part of this...

You know how you always want what you don't have? Well, in my family we have some lefties and some righties. I kinda wanted to be ambidextrous. So, during Church on Sundays I would practice writing with my left hand...you know...in case I ever like broke my right hand and couldn't write...I still wanted my writing to be legible. :)


Anyways...so sometimes when playing with my siblings...or at least Luke...we would even practice writing with our feet....cause you never knew when both hands would break and you just have to write something. So we would turn it into a competition and see who could write the most legible with their feet. So...I got early practice in my life on how to hold a writing utensil and actually make it write on paper. Yes, yes...this apparently is weird. :)

Side note...apparently I must have been a foot child. Cause even when I was young...I don't remember sucking my my thumb much...But I clearly remember constantly sucking on my big toe instead. I would hold my foot, or do it with no hands...but I just preferred to suck on my big toe...either foot. So, at least I've always appreciated my feet. :)

So now my challenge is to you: What is a childhood memory/activity that you used to do...and never thought was odd...but now clearly puts you in the "weird" category?

Please don't tell me I'm the only one! Pretty, pretty please!!!! :)

4 comments:

da mmm said...

So that's why your feet are so small.

Hokie said...

Ever since fourth grade I also wanted to be able to use my left hand, my friend Amanda was a lefty. I practice occasionaly and I don't think I am too bad. Ask me so show you some time.

Audra said...

I don't remember doing anything odd as a child - mostly because I am the oldest and therefore

P
E
R
F
E
C
T!

But Matt always ate bugs. Spiders and daddy long legs were his favorite. He also enjoyed mud pies.

True story.

Jennifer said...

I also have a few memories of sucking on my big toe… so maybe you’re not so weird after all. Either that or we both are.

I think one thing I think about as being kind of weird now is that I used to eat a lot of butter and sugar sandwiches when I was a kid, and all my siblings did too, so I guess it was kind of a staple in our house. But now, just thinking about that gritty, sugary, buttery mess just really makes me cringe.