Monday, September 1, 2008

Dog Sitting

This is Cody. My friend D was out of town for the weekend in California...an old roomie was getting married and she was in the bridal party. So from Friday right after work until around 11:00 Sunday night...I was dog sitting Cody. Fun, Fun :)

FYI - Cody is a mutt...we are thinking a bit shepard, lab, beagle, maybe even doberman in him. Now Cody is only 5 months old. Still has his sharp puppy teeth, and definately still being trained...mostly in manners. :)


Sneaky look huh? Fits his personality pretty well. :) He knows what is bad, but of course had to test my limits and see if I would really punish him like D does. (Time outs in his kennel) Every Day.

Poor baby in time out. Not really. This time he'd tried to bite my thigh, well, it was just a little nip but the intent was the same. Since still in his puppy phase...his bite's are just trying to get some attention. It's not a hard bite, kinda like a love nip...with his sharp puppy teeth. :) Never punctures skin...just annoying and a bad habit D is trying to break him of.


Anyways, by Sunday night he finally learned that I meant what I said and we were getting along pretty well. So I was trying to wear him out and play with him a bit...so he wouldn't be too high energy for D once she got back from a long day of flying. (didn't work BTW...he still so happy to see her he seemed to go a bit berserk, hehe.) But while playing I was also trying to take pictures of him and get in some good head shots...everyone wanting to know what Cody looks like.
So I hope you enjoyed meeting Cody! I had fun spending the weekend with him...but am also pretty glad to be home with no one demanding my attention. :)

2 comments:

da mmm said...

You are a good friend.

Anonymous said...

LOL....you nailed that one on the head....training, training, training.....little pain in the ass, but an adorable pain in the ass ;0) FYI currently working on proper walking behavior, however he prefers to walk himself (carrying the leash in his mouth) and letting you carry is poopy bags....sigh...