Monday, September 29, 2008

Project

So, as some of you may know, or have seen...I have been working on a cross-stitch of the above picture for...quite a few years now. I pick it up here and there, depending on which crafty mood I am in at the time. But technically I started this the summer of 2002.

I am almost done. Hopefully. See...I set myself this goal that I would get this done by October.

FYI - I have found that if I have a time limit in my head...I get these projects done much faster. Like all the birth announcement ones I have done for my sister's kids...I set a goal to finish it around when I will see her next, or I want it to be done by her birthday so I can send it as a gift...etc. It has always worked and I get these things done. (BTW - I am the one in my family anyone contacts to finish off cross-stitch patterns...mom and A just never have the time.)

Now since...October is on Wednesday...and I am not that close to finishing it...I have given myself till the end of October. And I'm thinking of adding in I'll just be done with all the cross-stitch work...outlining in back stitch will take more time.

I have the trees done, all the background blues and greens and that city walls of Jerusalem done, and intermitent colors in the bottom half of the picture I have finished. Mostly I still define it as I have the top half done...and part of the bottom. Pretty much I have to finish the path, the two up close sheep and Christ.

Now, I'm just fearing that I am not so serious about my time table in my head. So now I'm asking for recruits. When you talk to me this month...if you can...ask my how my cross stitch is coming. I need the pressure. I'm telling you...this will help me get it done. And since it's been six years...I'd like to get it done all ready.

Now, not to fool you into thinking this is a small picture...this is the size of 15 x 17 picture. Very detailed and way more intense in the colors and patterns than I have ever done. If you can please help motivate me...I will take a picture of the final result and let you all see my project. :)

Thank you for all your help...if you are willing to annoy me. :)

2 comments:

da mmm said...

You are doing a great job. Keep on working. It is a treasure.

Hokie said...

So how much did you get done today?