Monday, November 3, 2008

Cake Mania 3

So, about a year ago McDonalds was doing it's Monopoly thing...and one of the prizes when you played online was a free game online RealArcade.com. Most were boring games like Yahtzee, and Monopoly. But there was this one free game called Little Shop of Treasures. Pretty much a seek and find game (bit like Where's Waldo but you're not really looking for a person) that has a storyline behind it.

Long story short...Mom and I kinda became addicted to playing these games. It's a great way to let loose but still work your mind. So as time goes on I download a new game here and there from the site. For awhile I've wanted to play this game called Cake Mania. Pretty much you have customers, make a cake in a certain shape, size and frosting options the customer picks and serve it to them. Never went ahead and got it though...till a week or so ago.

A new version, Cake Mania 3 came out and I finally broke down and downloaded it. It is fun...but can get really complicated really quickly.

Friday night starting around 11:30 or so I played this game with Mom looking over my shoulder. We didn't stop till 1:30 a.m. and my whole body was tense and my hand/fingers were cramping. We had figured out a way to make it a bit easier to keep completing the levels...but each time it still got stressful. Those serving days of my past only coming a bit in handy.

All night long I then dreamed that I was the main character in this game and there was NO WAY for me to stop dreaming about making cake after cake and serving customer after customer. Even after I would wake myself up to stop it I would fall back asleep and just dream I was in a different location still doing cake mania.

Needless to say I woke up feeling like I had worked the whole night. Saturday night with Daylight Savings was a blessing for me to get a bit more sleep...where I finally didn't dream about making cakes.

Yes, I know. I need a life. Only these things are so fun (usually) for me that I want to play to see where else the lite plot will go, good or stupid. I am just now afraid the dreams will come back if I play Cake Mania.

So I think I'll stick to cross stitch when I have free time. No it's not done yet. Goal not reached. I'll give you some more details on this later. For now...don't play Cake Mania....unless you love serving. Seriously.

3 comments:

da mmm said...

So much fun has to have a bad side too.

Greybear said...

Geez - you are as infected as your brothers!

Dad

Greybear said...

You need to add a category of responses called "Weird"

Dad