Monday, November 10, 2008

CISR

So, I got my paperwork in the mail today. I am now a member of the Society of Certified Insurance Service Representatives. Fun times.

I now get to put CISR after my signature on all work documents. Not as cool as an MBA or something of the like but in the insurance world this is a step up in the "I can trust you with my business" ladder. I will get some kind of "bonus" (probably some cheesey gift card to a restaurant) from my office, a party to celebrate this new certification, new business cards showing my certification, and in March sometime I get to go to a commencement ceremony in Columbia, MO and receive a CISR pin.

And hopefully, when raise time comes around...I'll be in line for a bigger jump...if I'm still there.

So overall not really a huge change...but at least hopefully I will stop being the total lowest member on the totem pole. :) Handy thing though being in charge of the web site for work...I all ready updated my info on the Employee listing page. hehe. :) Oh, the small joys of working in an office, and feeling you have some power after all. :)

1 comment:

da mmm said...

Way to go. Do I get to go see you get this award? Let me know when.