Thursday, November 20, 2008

On the Roof


So, my bro Matt came over last night to help us clean out all the leaves from our gutters...fun times. We even happened to find a few dead rats that had decided to make a home...or at least die in our gutter downspouts...never know...a bird could have been putting them there for safe keeping to eat later. Just really glad I had on gloves....shudder.

We technically have two stories of gutters to clean out...as the upstairs doesn't go across the whole first floor. Anyways, it's always interesting when I get on the first floor roof from the back as I can see directly into the kitchen window of our neighbors to the west of our home. Now there is about 8-10 feet between the homes on my street...so I could see pretty clearly. Last night...as the sun is setting pretty quickly...there sat my neighbor with their cat in her lap, both just staring at us as Matt and I are on our roof. (Now that I think about it poor neighbors...having the view of our house out their kitchen...oh well) So anyways...the neighbor and her cat just keep staring and staring...so as we are about to get down I finally look over and wave...to say hi. She kinda blushes but just keeps staring. Doesn't wave, doesn't look away, just stares. Kinda glad we were getting down then.

Well, then Matt went to town with his leaf blower...Mom mainly just wanted her gardens de-leafed...but he went for the whole kit and kaboodle. In order for us to see though as we were cleaning the yard...I was on flashlight duty. That's right...I held a flash light and shone it around the yard so Mom and Matt could see what they were doing. This early dark thing is a bit annoying. :)

There's now a couple big piles of leaves in the back that I'll have to pick up soon...so then they don't kill our grass. Our other neighbor, to the east of us, came out near the end of our cleanup and starting chatting saying he was wondering what in the world that noise was (Matt's leaf blower). Anyways...finally done...and around 7/8 of the leaves were down on the ground from the trees all ready...so I think the yard is finally prepped for winter...at least I'm hoping. :)

Now to finish cleaning up the inside for Luke and Leslie's visit and the fun construction to happen in our kitchen. Mom wants to tear down the low florescent lights and put in some new lights in our kitchen...over the holiday weekend. DIY...fun times. (Do it yourself projects around the house.) Anyone good w/electricity? jk.

1 comment:

da mmm said...

Thank you for your help. Hopefully this won't have to be repeated until late spring again. Just think, all that noise on the roof wasn't squirrels! Ugh!