Monday, November 10, 2008

Cross Stitch Goal...Not Reached Yet

Okay, so when I first mentioned my project I said I had set a due date of the end of October to finish up this cross stitch. Unfortunately...I did not reach this goal. Now...the unfinished part seems a lot bigger because of the angle in which I took these pictures, but here is how far I am:


On this legend there are four colors (green, blue, black and red) that also all each have different symbols to represent the colors needed to produce this cross stitch. I have finished up all the green, blue and black squares...I only have the red ones left. Which again, from this angle seems like a lot, but I'm really close to 3/4 the way done with this.



This is how far I am right now. The aida cloth is tan so some of it is hard to see...but all I have left is the fill in on the robes of Christ, a bit on the path and the main white part on the sheep at his feet. All of the rest is totally completed.

Well, I do then have to do the outlining, but it's not totally extensive.

So....new goal....I hope to finish this by the end of the year. Still will be pushing it...but I seriously want to get this done. I'm hoping the trip out to Arizona for Christmas will help as I can do it while waiting in the airport and on the plane....which should be a good dedicated 4-5 hours each way. The really hard time I have is sitting down with no distractions and getting this accomplished. Maybe I should bring some music to plug my ears with so I won't be distracted while on the plane.

Anyways...I'm working on it. Again...angles are weird as I took the pictures in my lap. But...please encourage, badger, bug me about this. It's taken 6 years....off and on...it's time I got it done all ready.

Thanks for all the help!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, I am impressed at your craftiness!!!

BTW, I don't know when you changed your blog design (because I read your blog via bloglines that only shows me text and pics) but I really like it! It's more you.

Have a great day!

da mmm said...

It looks even better in person. You are doing a great job.

MAK said...

Will they let you bring neddals on the plan? Doesn't matter cause thats way cool.