Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A/C Fixed...Kinda

So the repair guy came yesterday. A motor on the upper fan on the outside A/C unit had burnt out and it was replaced. So it's fixed for now...THANK GOODNESS! I have lived in St Louis too long...I really need A/C with humidity. :)

Thing is, now we find out our unit is soo old that it may likely just go kaput soon! So we are now going to get some estimates and see what kind of system we can get.

When I was talking to my mom yesterday while the repair guy was there she said, "You are learning what goes into owning a home the hard way." Yeah...i'm learning to buy a new house! :)

Then last night I headed back downstairs pretty late to see if I had gotten a letter I was expecting in the mail over the weekend. I went to get my letter opener that was over in our Kitchen bay window and I noticed that the light we have in the shed under our deck was on.

Now, neither Mom nor I have been in that shed....since at least last summer at the earliest. So, even if we had left it on...the bulb for sure would have burnt out by now...but it was definately on.

So...my over active imagination kicks in. :) Has some animal just gotten in there under the wood slats and somehow pulled the string to turn on the light? Has some radom homeless person somehow broken into there and it's his new home at night? Too many scenarios are popping into my mind. But there's no way from the shed into our home...so no one could be breaking in. And there's nothing really of importance in the shed anymore...just our old deck furniture...maybe some old bikes and other yard stuff...which apparently mom and I don't need or care about.

I went upstairs last night and told mom about it and we are both flumoxed. So now I have been put in charge of checking out the shed later today, to see what's going on. Joy. But, I'm making sure mom is right behind me when I do check it out...just in case that homeless person thing is the real cause. :)

This morning the light was still on...so who knows what's really going on. I can be so parinoid at times. :P

2 comments:

Paige said...

Scary! Be careful and let us know what happens!

da mmm said...

I guess we need to remember to turn it off tonight. I did check it last night and it was still on. It looked kind of cool. Light coming up through the slats.