Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Guess I Should Explain

So I guess I should explain the meaning of my URL address www.petieplay.blogspot.com. If you know me well you should know that sometimes I get in this slap happy mood where anything is funny and I can turn....well annoying I think. :)

So a few years ago it was around Easter time and Toys 'R Us had this commercial on TV where all the toys in the store came to life and all these white bunnies were all around the shelves and they were all singing the children's song "Here Comes Peter Cottentail". Songs get stuck in my head so easily...and that song just wouldn't leave my head for about that whole month before Easter, so I'd break out in that song in the randomist places.

One night when I was talking to my mom before we both headed to bed (and we were both in a slap happy mood) I started to sing that song and she told me to "Go to bed Petie" (code name Peter Cottentail) I couldn't stop laughing and thought it was such a funny...and appropriate name at the time...mom and I agreed that should be my new "nickname".

Of course then mom had to have one as well...so her's is Sundae (an odd name like the day of the week, but spelled like an ice cream sundae).

I have told a few friends and even nieces and nephews and sometimes I get randomly called Petie. And I do so love to play...so now you have petieplay. Long story I know. :P

2 comments:

Audra said...

Great story!

Blog NEEDS pictures!

Jennifer said...

See, I told you I'd be coming by! Anyway, keep blogging, it was great seeing you tonight and catching up.