Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Debate is on...

Okay, I now want opinions. Overall when researching through others blogs I find different perspectives and overall points to each blog. Some are updates on what goes on daily in their lives, some are an outlet for the frustrated writer to find meaning in what happens around us and put it into their craft, some are like a magazine with different topics and reoccuring storylines as a guide for the blog (like hunk of the month and such).

What I would like to hear from you all who would really read my blog is...which would you prefer to hear about? Would you like to hear me wax poetic (if i can) about random topics that come through my head, actually read my true random thought process and what really goes on in my life and head, or would you just like to hear about the fun and witty stories that go on in my life? I could even take a perspective of finding something humorous each day and only post those things mainly (I will of course still do important info updates).

So...the debate is on. Let me know which you prefer to read and we'll see who has the stronger argument! Ready...Set...Go! :P

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Honestly, it’s a tricky one. As far as my blog goes… I hit like every topic in the world, but I’m not necessarily sure that’s a good thing, because often times people are coming to a blog for a particular reason—for your photos, or for your projects, or for your writing style, etc. (You know, though, I like blogging so much that sometimes I think “I could start a blog on THIS and another blog on THAT,” but then I have to knock some sense into myself and then go change diapers.)

So, my opinion is that I probably don’t have an opinion. I have a long list of blogs that I visit, and for people that I don’t know I just want them to stick to the specific thing they do as a blogger. But for people that I know in person, I think it’s really amazing to see the different aspects of their life and their personality—their rants, their raves, their poignant things, and their crude.

Audra said...

I want to be able to know what your day to day life is like. I want to be able to know your thoughts or mood for the day/week.

I don't think you should tailor your blog to fit my needs/wants. You should make your blog whatever you want it to be.

ALSO - most "themed" blog become that way after some practice. Your blog will form and transform as you do. GOOD LUCK! and WELCOME.

Paige said...

Welcome to the blogging world! As far as your question, I would say ALL of the above! That's what blogging is--writing whatever you feel like. Definitely keep us posted on your day-to-day life though. That's my opinion!