Friday, August 15, 2008

I am such a couch potatoe


I am soo addicted to television. :) But my life has been so randomly busy lately that I am a little bit behind. But last night I caught up on 3 nights of Olympics (4-6 hours each)...I just love Tivo!

It seems kinda of funny when Mom and I are both home after a long day at work and we sit there and compare what we have to do that night. The funny part is when we both have nothing to do and we get to sit and watch television and catch up on our shows all night long. It seriously makes me so happy. I know...weird. But I have to say that even when watching TV I still do cross stitching or whatever crafty thing i'm working on at that time. So...I guess I'm not a total bump on the log.

Now I do have to put a qualifier in that I only get happy when I know there is something to watch, either recorded or live TV. A few weeks ago we had caught up on our Tivo and didn't have much to watch...then we started to do other projects we had...and were even a bit disappointed that there was nothing to watch.

You would think that having my moods and life kinda revolve around a TV and the stories I get to see would...i don't know...be pathetic I guess. I mean, life shouldn't revolve around an inanimate object and what I think I get from it. But, I have no significant other, no one wanting to spend time with me daily (besides mom and she's happy to be a couch potatoe with me), and no kids or pets that I need to focus on. So I guess it's kind of a relax mechanism for me. I can lose my thoughts and worries and fears of life while I put my mind into whatever I am watching.

So even though I can be viewed as lazy I guess for watching a lot of TV...I still feel like I have accomplished something when I get to fully relax and put myself into the story I get exposed to on the television. Overall, my opinion is...I'm happy being a couch potatoe. :)

(And it's even better when I get to eat some sort of potatoes while being a couch potatoe...he, he, he. Gotta Love those carbs!)

2 comments:

da mmm said...

Good Morning. You said more in your blog than we talked about this morning before you left and when I called to find out how to make your blog one of my favorites. You need the down time after you get home. You drive for 45 min to an hour and you get frustrated so TV calms you down. Do you have plans for tonight?

Audra said...

Love the pic.

I love TiVo, too!

Thanks for blogging. I love it. Now we need to get the rest of the family in it!